The Child Advocacy Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. For the past 19 years, the CAC has been working to keep kids safe throughout Larimer and Jackson Counties. In 2014, we conducted forensic interviews with 334 children, offered advocacy services to 576 children and caregivers, and taught 3,346 students about abuse prevention. Unfortunately, even more children and families need our services each year. According to the Colorado Office of Children, Youth, and Families, 2,495 children were assessed for abuse or neglect in 2014 in Larimer County alone. As Northern Colorado continues to grow, so does the need for both preventing and responding to child abuse. Your support can help us meet this growing need.
The Child Advocacy Center Mission:
The Larimer County Child Advocacy Center’s mission is to reduce trauma to children and their families through a comprehensive response to child abuse.
Our vision is to eliminate child abuse through prevention and education. Where we cannot, all victims will receive comprehensive and compassionate services from an effective team of professionals.
What Does Our Mission Mean?
The CAC is dedicated to:
- Ensuring that victims of child abuse and their non-offending family members have access to support and services in a safe, compassionate, and respectful environment.
- Helping obtain timely and appropriate services to children in cases of alleged child abuse. Services may include: forensic interviewing, assistance by law enforcement, social services, medical help and counseling professionals.
- Working to prevent child abuse through education and social acknowledgement that child abuse is a problem in all communities.
- Serving as an informational source for those unsure of how to report child abuse.
- Acting as an educational resource to the community about child abuse.