The Child Advocacy Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We need and appreciate the financial support of corporations, small businesses and individuals in addition to our annual grant writing and fund raising efforts. If you feel the CAC is a worthwhile cause and would like to help, there are a variety of ways you can contribute; one of the best ways is through Colorado Gives. You can click on the link below and make a donation to the CAC through Colorado Gives, and the CAC will not have to pay a fee for the service. Another option is to donate through the Paypal link below. Thank you for your support of the Child Advocacy Center!
- Child Fatality Meeting January 22, 2014 2-4pm Location: Ft. Collins Police Department Posted on: (1/21/2015)
The Child Advocacy Center Mission:
The Larimer County Child Advocacy Center’s mission is to reduce trauma to children and their families through a comprehensive response to child abuse.
Our vision is to eliminate child abuse through prevention and education. Where we cannot, all victims will receive comprehensive and compassionate services from an effective team of professionals.
What Does Our Mission Mean?
The CAC is dedicated to:
- Ensuring that victims of child abuse and their non-offending family members have access to support and services in a safe, compassionate, and respectful environment.
- Helping obtain timely and appropriate services to children in cases of alleged child abuse. Services may include: forensic interviewing, assistance by law enforcement, social services, medical help and counseling professionals.
- Working to prevent child abuse through education and social acknowledgement that child abuse is a problem in all communities.
- Serving as an informational source for those unsure of how to report child abuse.
- Acting as an educational resource to the community about child abuse.