The Child Advocacy Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We need and appreciate the financial support of corporations, small businesses and individuals in addition to our annual grant writing and fund raising efforts. If you feel the CAC is a worthwhile cause and would like to help, there are a variety of ways you can contribute; one of the best ways is through Colorado Gives. December 10th is Colorado Gives Day, and every donation that comes to the CAC through Colorado Gives on that day can be increased by matching donations from other generous donors. You can click on the link below and make a donation, but please consider doing it on December 10th to help us get as much matching money as possible. Thank you for your support of the Child Advocacy Center!
- Thank you to our Colorado Gives Day donors Posted on: (12/12/2013)The Child Advocacy Center was fortunate enough to receive $11,310 in donations through the Colorado Gives Day effort on December 10th. Statewide, over 17 million dollars was donated to charities from every part of Colorado. Thank you to all you who made Colorado Gives Day such a big success!
- New website dedicated to our Bocce event! Posted on: (12/12/2013)For all of you who have enjoyed our past Bocce events, we are developing an easier way to keep you informed about how to register teams, become a sponsor, and get details about the big day. We have created a website dedicated to our Bocce event, www.cacbocceball.com. It is brand new and not all the links on it …
- The CAC has been getting a face-lift! Posted on: (12/6/2013)Thanks to a generous donation from RLE Technologies (http://rletech.com/), along with Josh Elliot, Stephanie White, and Dave McComb, the wood floors in the 1890′s farmhouse we call home have been re-finished. In addition, a new wood floor was installed in our child interview room. Those of you who have been in the center in the …
- Responding to a Child Outcry training available Posted on: (5/17/2013)After seeing a need in the community for a short training on how to respond to a child who is revealing they have been sexually abused, possibly for the first time to anyone, staff at the Child Advocacy Center created a new training. We had for many years provided Minimal Facts training to Department of Human Services …
The Child Advocacy Center Mission:
The Larimer County Child Advocacy Center’s mission is to reduce trauma to children and their families through a comprehensive response to child abuse.
Our vision is to eliminate child abuse through prevention and education. Where we cannot, all victims will receive comprehensive and compassionate services from an effective team of professionals.
What Does Our Mission Mean?
The CAC is dedicated to:
- Ensuring that victims of child abuse and their non-offending family members have access to support and services in a safe, compassionate, and respectful environment.
- Helping obtain timely and appropriate services to children in cases of alleged child abuse. Services may include: forensic interviewing, assistance by law enforcement, social services, medical help and counseling professionals.
- Working to prevent child abuse through education and social acknowledgement that child abuse is a problem in all communities.
- Serving as an informational source for those unsure of how to report child abuse.
- Acting as an educational resource to the community about child abuse.